Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 51:... It was .... Life Block...

Day 51 has come. So much has happened since the last blog entry. Let's see... St. Paddy's day. My son started baseball. I quit my job. I bought a lawn mower. My son and daughter stared their Spring Break. I cut off all my hair. My son had his school picture day. All these in no particular order.. but I can say the hiatus is over.

So many things I have wanted to write about. I have things all saved up in my email box; stories, and ideas of stories to write. So I can't say I had writer's block. Maybe I just had life block. You know, where life gets away from you? You realize that a week has gone by you, and you didn't even get a chance to catch it? And then it becomes two weeks? Yes, it was life block.

We all suffer from Life block. I think that happens when we get so busy in our lives that we forget things. We forget to call our moms. (Mom I love you!!). We forget to do laundry, and when we want to wear that one great shirt, it's still in the hamper. We forget to take out the trash, and wonder why our kitchens smell like 3 day old, chinese take-out. We forget to get that report ready for the boss, and get spun out about it all day. We forget to get gas in the car, and wonder why all of a sudden the gas gauge starts screaming at us. We just forget.

So today, if you are reading this, don't forget to be you. Light a candle. Say a prayer. Smile. Smell the air. Hug your kids. Read a book. Tell someone you love them. Listen to your favorite song, sway with the music; heck, dance like no one's looking! Just don't forget to be you. And don't forget to enjoy it!

No comments:

 
Site Meter